Congratulations To D and Kim & Brian and Janina!!! Welcome Bretheren Babies: Elizabeth Hall and Kendall Freeland!! Word on the street is that Cpt. Aaron "A-Team" Ashley is home from Iraq. . .There have been several reports of Utah sightings in Polk County. . .The Bretheren Is Brought to you by NOBAMA!!!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

SUPERMAN IS BACK!


The wait was worth it.

In 1987, I was seven years old, and since then, for nearly 20 years, I have been waiting for this movie. From the very first frame, to the very last, Superman Returns was everything I could have wanted it to be, and maybe more. Believe me, I had some high expectations, and I wasn't let down.

I'm not going to spoil the film with any plot points, or hints. I'll just say that the special effects, action scenes, dramatic moments, characters and story were stellar. This is, without a doubt, the best movie of the year, the best Superman movie yet, and possibly the best Superhero film ever.

Brandon Routh IS Superman.

Magnum

---------------------
Airwolf's take:

Superman Returns certainly set out to be an epic film and in many ways lives up to it's hype. Routh is the absolute perfect Superman without a doubt. However, Lois Lane leaves alot to be desired in the hotness department. The action sequences are very impressive and the CGI is super believable. However, there were many scenes that could have been left on the cutting room floor (e.g. the piano playing FAO Schwarts scene from Big...where was Tom Hanks?) The overall pacing made the film drag in many places and made for a long 3 hours (not to mention the son of Mayor Goldie Wilson behind me kicking my chair every 30 seconds). Next time kill off Kevin Spacey and Harold and Kumar early. This first installment paves the way for more action in the sequel (I hope)...but as of right now, Superman Returns can't keep up with the Spiderman franchise with Tobey Mac in my humble opinion. Spiderman you could watch on DVD repeatedly at home and have it keep your interest. I think this is a one timer that would be difficult to watch on the small screen. 6/10 stars.

19 Comments:

Blogger Kyle & Brittany said...

this is the only place to see superman in imax 3D in the central fl area! quite possibly the only place in the entire state!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Kyle & Brittany said...

and on OPENING DAY!

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant get my ticket, i think its sold out, but i will stop by for the pre-game cant wait to see you guys

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Magnum on this one 100% I don't know if it was the imax or the 3d or both but I was fully immersed. I'm going to see it again with my dad and I'll let you know how the repeat screening goes.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

leah thanks a mil for taking the pic, wish we could have had one with all of us in it!

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hated both spidermans. so there is no way i pay 10 dollars for this. thanks wolf

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and if you think i'm tough on this one...wait 'til B-Man see's it!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence Hawks!

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was about 45 min. too long for my liking....I can without a doubt, say that Brandon Routh is the hottest guy of 2006:)

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree with Magnum on this movie. One of the best, if not the best, superman movie yet. Brandon Routh is Clark Kent/Superman and he makes you believe it 100%. I have to disagree with Wolf on the Lois Lane hotness remark and the piano scene which was relevant in the plot twist that occurs in the movie.
I am, however, with Wolf when it comes to Mayor Goldie Wilson's kid kicking the chairs every 30 seconds. I could have done without that. The CGI was phenomenal and the story was really good in that you get reintroduced to everyone. I just hope that the sequels can measure up or, dare I say it, surpass Superman Returns.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Hawks, don't dog it until you try it. I think you would enjoy this one.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no sport!

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, the wolf isn't against the piano scene by any means, just the song choice could've been more original. Something like Sailing by Styx or something from Journey would've been nice.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason Smith IS SUPERMAN!

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and when u happen to be at bennigans, u have to order the turkey o'toole! wow! thanks for the heads up on that one speng and leah!

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im sure ill see it when its a 7 day rental at blockbuster

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one Hawks!

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend of Wolf and Magnum's (Ryder, a highly respected film critic) walked OUT of Superman Returns 1hr in.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

saw it again at celebration, even better the 2nd time!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home